The Full Story
About The Drug Store
The Drug Store was first established in 1913 inside Hotel Limpia, serving as a central hub for the community to obtain their newspapers, receive medical attention, purchase medicine, and enjoy a refreshing drink from the fountain.
In 1942, C.R. Fryar and his wife purchased the store from Dr. and Mrs. Eaton, and eight years later, they moved the business to its current location across the street.
By the early 1980s, new owners took over and expanded the building to include a hotel.
While no longer having a resident doctor, the Drug Store evolved into a full-service restaurant and hotel while maintaining its 22-foot antique soda fountain.
Today the Drug Store is family, locally owned business.
Our goal is to complete the transformation of the Drug Store into the great, nostalgic business it was decades ago.
The Drug Store is soon launching a line of products to sell at the Drug Store, online and nationwide.